Sunday, June 23, 2013

1st Hell Week of Antibotics DONE!



I survived yesterday in my protocol, which consisted of Diflucan and Flagyl to attack the Lyme cysts and then the yeast.  Nothing intravenously.  I was absolutely miserable, and my mind was attacking me.  After I posted yesterday’s blog post, I had to go to Lab Corp to get my weekly labs drawn and this was the absolute last day I could have my blood drawn during my 1st antibiotic week.  The doctors like to monitor all of my red blood cells, white blood cells, kidney functions, liver functions, etc which I do appreciate, but yesterday I really did not think I was going to make it to LabCorp.  Every time I stood up from lying down, I would feel like I was going to pass out and my face was very pale.  I was determined though; I was going to make it the 20 minutes to LabCorp to have my blood drawn and I did.  I even had to wait when I got there because everyone goes on Saturdays since there isn’t work for many people it is most convenient.  I just couldn’t tolerate the noise of a crying baby in there, so luckily I didn’t have to wait too too long.  I also noticed myself getting out of breath easily which makes me feel like those around me must think I am so out of shape or am a smoker or something! 

After I had my blood drawn my Grandmother had called me back and said if I felt up to it she could come down and take me out for lunch.  I knew I was feeling entirely too weak for visitors, but had she not come down I anticipated lying on the couch not eating and getting weaker.  My body was just ached and the nerve pain that I felt on my right side was unthinkable.  Plus I had a headache of magnitude proportions, but I took some Baclofen and Zofran to try to help with some of my pain and nausea when I got home and told my Grandmother that lunch would be nice. 

I laid around until she got here watching Remember the Titans, one of my favorite movies, and then we discussed where we would go for lunch.  I just wanted to go somewhere close because I was not dressed for anywhere remotely nice; I was in yoga pants and a T-shirt and was in significant pain.  We decided on a restaurant about 2 miles from my house.  I was able to eat about 1/3 of my salad with grilled chicken on it; I was mentally talking to myself hoping I would not throw up because I was feeling so nauseous.  I succeeded though, I did not throw up but I did feel extremely nauseous so when I came I waited the appropriate time and after my Grandmother had left I took Phenergran.  It seemed to help; I have also been drinking lots and lots of water!

I hate watching movies, because there are so many better ways to spend your time plus I just get ancy, but being sick what else is there to do!!! So, I rented the movie Side Effects on Amazon movies à which I do NOT recommend by any means, it will only make you more depressed and cause your mind to over think.  Essentially after forty minutes or so I had to stop watching it because I felt so depressed and ended up reflecting on my own life and started to cry.  A good cry always does help you sleep though!  I ended up falling asleep for an hour and a half so I can’t really complain.  Then, when I woke up I rented the movie Identity Thief, which was funny.  Dumb funny.  It had that woman from Bridesmaids in it; I did have a good laugh from it.  Then before I knew it around 7ish my family was home from their vacation and around 8:30 I tried to eat frozen yogurt with fruit, but I couldn’t even finish it because my stomach was just rejecting all the dairy.  Oh well!  At least I was able to get in some of the berries and some of the apples!  Nutrients is nutrients and I will take what I can get.  And for an added bonus I even slept for awhile last night after Baclofen, Xanax, Trazadone, and the Marinol.  Good news though--> FIRST HELL WEEK SURVIVED

“You don’t know pain until you’re staring at yourself in the mirror with tears streaming down your face and you’re begging yourself to just hold on and be strong.  That is pain.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment