Saturday, January 4, 2014

My year in photographs

My year began in California- Disneyland

Shortly after the new year, my boyfriend and I broke up

My cousin and I

Bikram yoga
Susan Green and I after I testified for the Virginia bill (Lyme disease testing)

My roommates and I at the puppy farm
Erika and I after the 5k color run
My PICC line was placed at George Washington hospital in D.C..

Stevie was born, May 24th 2013


My  sister graduated high school.
I turned 21!

The 4th of July with my sister and friend!

I took a summer class to try and stay sane while undergoing the IV therapy!

My best friend Paige from California came for a visit in July!

We visited a lavender farm!

I crashed my car.

My sister got her pilot's license.

I was my sister's first passenger.

Two of my roommates and I going to see Florida Georgia Line in Richmond.

My roommates and I going to celebrate Meghan's 21st birthday.

Finally meeting Mandy Hughes and seeing that people with Lyme do get better!

A few of my favorite Lymies :)

Two of my roomies and I apple picking in October!
I had the pleasure of meeting John Donnally who biked across the U.S. to raise awareness for Lyme disease.
For Christmas my parents got me a mini labradoodle!
My roommies and I being goofs!

My sister and I sitting on Santa's lap.

Stevie opening his Christmas gift from his Auntie!
Dinner with my family (including grandma) to reflect on the previous year. 

I must say I am very thankful for everything.  Even though I have experienced hardship and pain; I have also experienced joy and happiness.  I don't know what 2014 will bring but I am grateful for the experiences and opportunities that 2013 brought.  One goal for 2014 is to travel more, seeing as I have been extremely ill for the past few years I have not done near the amount of traveling that I have wanted to, so that is my goal.  It would mean that I am moving in the right direction with my health; I hope to keep you updated on places that I am able to see even if they are right next to where I live!

"If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet, he said."



No comments:

Post a Comment