Tuesday, December 24, 2013

First Dose Tige Done!


I survived my first dose of tige last night, so that can only mean good things to come hopefully!  While I did survive my first dose of tige, I think I have been pushing my body too much because yesterday I got a vitamin C IV drip, I worked out, and got a lymphatic drainage massage.  My body can only handle so many new things at once, today I feel hung over and nauseous.  Luckily, I only saved a small amount of last minute shopping to do today so I should be able to grab a nap this afternoon. 

While on the phone with my Dad yesterday, I suddenly began to sob when I realized what I was doing for New Years Eve in comparison to last year.  Last year I spent New Years Eve in Los Angeles with Paige and it was the perfect night.  We got dressed up, ate dessert first, had a glass of wine, and just laughed!  Anything I do with that girl is a good laugh.  I just grew depressed thinking about how much I miss her and how this year my plan was to just go downtown with a very good friend to a bar.  Although I am excited to be doing something with a good friend, I know nothing will compare to what I did last year.  The sobbing that began on the phone with my Dad has now initiated a downward spiral in my mind because I realized how to people heal from such a significant wound, (Lyme disease and coinfections).  I can get better physically, but after being sick for a 1/3rd of my life when I am only 21 is a hard emotional battle to overcome. 

Last year with Paige starting with our dessert!

I am sure it is a battle that I will overcome with time.

“She believed she could so she did.”

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment