Wednesday, April 6, 2016

They never said it would be easy!

Since my Mom and I arrived Sunday morning, we were super jet lagged and both took long naps through out the day.  Well then comes Sunday night and I didn’t sleep at all, same cycle Monday night and Tuesday night.  Every time I went to go to sleep I was wired, wide-awake, racing thoughts about anything and everything.   

If I am going to be honest through out this blogging journey then I must admit Tuesday was a very difficult day.  I started Tuesday morning with Dr. K examining my blood under with the use of darkfield miscroscopy.  He poked my ear with a pricker and put the blood right on a glass slide under the microscope and then put it on a video transmission screen for Mom and I to follow the process.  This process tells us about the speed of cell degeneration, cell resilience, immune system, degenerative tendency, and the susceptibility of tumors; they recommend getting the procedure done every 3 months to follow progress.  Dr. K interpreted my results for Mom and I.  We found odd-looking monocytes which indicate that my immune system is challenged and under cellular pressure, nothing new if you ask me.  Then I had bright white WBC which suggests toxicity usually heavy metals.  I have never been tested or treated for heavy metals so that does make sense.  He could also tell that my lymphocytes are activated which is a positive thing; Dr. K said my body at least recognizes that there is some dysfunction in my body.  As far as my red blood cells went, he was able to tell I was anemic, makes sense since I am on a liquid diet and not getting much protein.  I had some “bee hive forms” that indicate my mineral content and helpfulness of protein could be improved.  I could actually see the beehives, which was really cool!  In my red blood cells, shadow cells were found; shadow cells are a representation that the quality and amount of fats could be better to boost cell membranes.  Then as far as my plasma, crystals, and deposits go it was found that I have a crystal cells that suggest long-term acidity.  It was also discovered that I have lemon cells, which indicated to Dr. K that my liver is not breaking down fat.  Last but not least they found Theziten, which was very validating to have a test show that I have leaky gut.  Theziten is a bacterium from the gut.  Needless to say, my appointment with Dr. K went really well and was very informative. 
 
My blood under the use of darkfield microscopy.

Next I was headed to a colonic, which is not a new concept to me because I do enemas to help with the gastroparesis and help get toxins out.  The colonics was like enemas on steroids.  At first nothing was happening during the whole colonics, so she started massaging my stomach tracing the intestinal path.  She said she could feel that my colon was full.  As soon as the colonics ended I was going to the bathroom for at least 30 minutes.  I saw a stool in the bathroom and used it to replicate my own Squatty Potty.  My stomach was significantly flatter the whole day after, but did cramp up a little bit through out the day.

The colonics machine
Diagram of your digestion 
Then I was headed back to see Dr. K for a consultation since he is the clinic’s naturopath.  I came in with an agenda, more so suggestions based on research that I have been doing night and day about various treatments for the past few years.  I asked about a fecal transplant since I am ineligible in the US because I do not suffer from Chrohn’s or C. diff.  He immediately shut me down, asked if I was finished talking now and if I could let him talk.  He was very condescending.  He believes my body has to take control of itself; he kept saying, “only a symptom of your body being medicated.”  He just kept repeating it and I didn’t feel as though he was very genuine.  He didn’t listen to my concerns.  He reminds me of one of those dolls where you pull a string hanging from the chin and the legs fly up.  He did tell me that colonics stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.  Another interesting fact that he told me was humans and pigs are 99.9% similar at the cell level.  So, that brings me to my next treatment he suggested organ cell extract injections two times a day for two weeks on my glutes.  The organ cell extract is from a pig!  He also gave me injections in all of my scars from PICC lines, gallbladder removal, appendix removal, and old port site; he said it promotes healing.  Then he gave me an injection of epigastrium for nausea a few inches below my breastbone.  Last but not least he did two injections on the stomach meridian point 25 to stimulate digestion.  Overall what he was saying was fascinating; however his condescending attitude was not going to be beneficial for healing because we weren’t working together he just wanted to instate his plan.  He wrote me two homeopathic remedies one for vegetative support and one for sleep support. 

After that frustrating appointment, I went to receive pulsating magnetic field therapy.  The explanation of this therapy is, “a physical therapy, win which broad pulsating magnetic fields of extremely low frequency are made usable for therapeutic purposes.  An organism can be affected bio-energetically by a broad pulsating magnetic field of a certain frequency and intensity.” The magnetic field therapy completely penetrates the body’s tissues and has a strong effect at all level; this therapy not only works at the tissues at the surface but also is actually able to penetrate bone as well as all organs and cells.  So I had my pulsating magnetic ring placed on my liver for 20 minutes.

Magnetic Field Ring
Next I headed to have a Rhythmogram, which is a special heart rate variability assessment to determine the regulative capacity of the autonomic nervous system which should be in a dynamic balance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.  I only did the test on Tuesday, but will receive the results on Thursday.  It reminded me of when you are at the doctors and they do orthostatic vital signs.

Then Mom and I headed to lunch since we were exhausted and it was about that time.  We ate with our new friends we met that are staying at the same hotel as we are.  It is such a community here, some people have a support crew like me and others are here by themselves.

After lunch I went to the receptionist to ask if I could switch doctors from Dr. K to a different doctor because it wasn’t a good fit and wasn’t going to promote positive healing if I wasn’t comfortable with the doctor.  The receptionist told me that was not a change she could make, that my doctor would need to make that call.  At first she said it doesn’t really work like that.  With the lack of sleep being a major factor, I had a mental breakdown I ran out of the clinic hysterically sobbing.  I got to the parking lot and threw my pen and journal pretty far out of frustration.  I was pulling on my hair, screaming, etc.  You get the picture.  But I had to have that mental breakdown to move on.  After I called Dad he re-centered me and brought me back into focus then Mom and I went on a walk because fresh air always helps me refocus.  Mom and I got some good hills in too!

View from our walk- it is so green here!

After the mental breakdown and the walk, I was scheduled for an oxygen IV.  But right before I was called in to the room, I hear my mom being called away by Dr. K, so my anxiety shot up.  I was not the politest in the appointment BUT I apologized at the end and said it wasn’t him it was frustration, lack of sleep, and years of being sick.  Turns out he told her they were switching me to his colleague because he believes that would be a better fit for me anyway and it’s nice because she is a woman.  She even came and introduced herself as I was receiving my oxygen IV. As far as the oxygen IV goes it is exactly what it sounds like, in the United States we are taught that would cause a pulmonary embolism so I was very anxious to begin with.  Then the nurse accessed my port without wearing a mask and then didn’t put a tegraderm dressing over top of it to prevent infection.  This is another thing that has been drilled in to me, that your port must be accessed and de-accessed in a sterile field, which makes sense since it is a central line to my heart.  She looked at me as if I was bat shit crazy. I started having a panic attack because it was stressing me out that she didn’t think it was a big deal.  After Mom calmed me down and I was able to listen to some music, I saw Tiggy the kitty outside.  We are a family of three dogs, but Dad has this thing with cats.  I say his spirit animal is Tiggy the kitty because sure enough anytime I had been in distress on Tuesday he followed me everywhere.  He would just appear.  It made me feel like Dad was with me on the trip.  He said we are always looking out for you.  The oxyvein therapy was developed by Dr. med. H.S. Regelsberger.  It has a broad list of indications such as disturbances in the microcirculation, eye problems, tinnitus, heart & circulation disturbances, and immune regeneration.  I had to lay down completely flat and still for 10 minutes while the oxygen went into my veins and keep my arm completely still so I wouldn’t blow the vein.  Eventually I will build up to 20 minutes; the possible side effects could include headaches or dizziness.  I didn’t experience any of the side effects.  As soon as that IV was finished, my nurse hooked me up to a lyme infusion filled with 11 different components in the cocktail.  Then, I did a b complex drip.

After my infusions I headed to a different building to receive local hyperthermia. Local hyperthermia provides, “a deep hyperthermia functioning through an insulated metallic electrode.  Acting via conduction an external source of heat dries and dehydrates the skin favouring the development of varicose veins and reducing the level of blood and lymph circulation.”  I had the local hyperthermia on my liver and adrenals.  I layed bottom down on this metal looking shield; they told me it was important to put my skin on to the metal looking shield for maximum benefits.  Then a med tech used an ultrasound looking machine to trace my adrenals with it for 30 minutes.  It wasn’t near as hot as I was expecting, but that will probably come next week when I do the full body hyperthermia. 

Thank god the day at the clinic was finished after all of those appointments.  I was mentally exhausted and drained.  All I could think about was sleeping however I didn’t want to go take a nap because then I was afraid I would be up all night.  To kill time, Mom and I decided to go use the sauna before dinner, which was relaxing and nice way to unwind from the day.   Then we showered and headed to dinner.  Dinner’s soup was a really creamy sweet potato soup (since all I can eat is soup, that is what you will be reading).  It was delicious but I did not think the consequences would be as severe as they were.  My stomach cramped up the entire night; I guess it was too dense for me.  Mom and I decided to go on a little walk after dinner…little did she know what was in store for her, hills that would be considered mountains in Maryland.
Sweet potato soup

Then when I got back from the walk, the highlight of my day was talking to my girlfriend Ainsley on the phone.  She just got what I was going through and even if she didn’t she listened and allowed me to vent.  Then at 10pm the wifi shut off to promote healing. 
Selfie on our journey of healing
I was so excited to sleep because I am beyond exhausted however I was up all night in pain.  I did not fall asleep until 4:45/5AM.  I was up coloring, reading, and creating this kick ass blog post that I accidentally deleted.  Mom thought since I was so fatigued that she should let me sleep in and miss my first appointment, which was a lymph drainage massage.  My first appointment was at 8:00AM; I woke up and turned my head, saw 8:05AM and woke up just livid.  I immediately called Dad to calm me down.  I had forgotten that it was 2:00AM for him, but he actually talked to me and calmed me down.  I know my Mom means well, but sometimes her executive decisions cause me more angst and anxiety, which is counterproductive. 

But I must admit I see the program working with other patients which is why I am sticking with it because there were a few times that I considered hopping on a plane back home.  One of my new friends had colon cancer, did chemo, but then it came back in the lungs. So she decided to shop around for clinics and this was the one where the patients had the best lasting feedback.  This new friend of mine had cancer markers of 22 heading up 1.5 per week so she expected it to be 26 by the time she got here.  However she started taking doterra frankinsence essential oil under her tongue all through out the day and her cancer markers dropped all the way to 13.5. Her conventional medicine doctor said keep doing what you are doing because something is happening and it looks as for the better.  When I hear stories like hers, I am reminded of why I am here and what I am fighting for. My health. My life back.  And now I have a new reinstated hope.

“Just for the record darling, not all positive change feels positive in the beginning.”


No comments:

Post a Comment