Thursday, July 25, 2013

Energy Levels


Since going back on the medication I have noticed my energy level has plummeted, but my pain level has significantly decreased.   Like I said on my previous post, I had never felt pain like I did when I stopped my medication cold turkey.  I am frustrated with side effects that are making me sleepy, especially while my best friend is here.  I know I made the right decision to go back on my meds, but at the same time I always have moments where I second guess myself and think is it truly worth it.  I seem to need more naps which can be frustrating.  

I also noticed something extremely uncharacteristic of myself that occurred last night; I didn’t check my grade for my online summer class right away.  Typically I am checking compulsively every hour until the teacher puts it up, but in my mind last week I was so focused on death and succumbing to death that a grade didn’t matter.  How was a grade going to help me if I were dead, I had way bigger things I was focused on last week.  Anyways, I did check my grade last night and I got a B+ and I actually was pleased with myself, usually I would have needed the A- but you know what I am alive.  That is what matters. 


“There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment