Monday, August 12, 2013

My Sister is a Pilot!

I have been up and down for the past few days. I got another ear infection which in my opinion was a major set back. At my last doctors appointment they mentioned the term neuritis for describing my ongoing ear infection problem and to be honest I have no idea what that term means! Each doctor that sees me for an ear infection is like oh wow this is definitely inflamed...and the unfortunate part is that I always follow protocols to a T! 

Sorry for that rant it was just on my mind. On Thursday I was always on my way to my therapists house because she didn't har fixed space and I really needed a visit and this just so happene to be a Flagyl day as well and I had never been to her house, AND the worst part of this saga is that I got pulled over for speeding. I literally hyperventilated I was running late and I had taken an alternative route because a train had stopped the road and the speed limit was apparently only 35 how was I supposed to know! I could have easily just taken the ticket and asked when my court date was and apologized from the bottom of my heart, but boy I acted as though my life was over in that moment. I am still alive; I don't know why I hyperventilated. The officer had to ask me if I was safe to drive myself to therapy and if not he could drive me myself. I was so bent out of shape over a ticket there is so much more to life than a ticket.

Speaking of which I ran a 5k yesterday, how ill never know; I think it was a miracle. I ran it in honor of my friend Catie who passed away September 1st 2010. The race was to raise money for juvenile diabetes and I did it last year every time I do it I feel like I must run it and I have to run the entire thing. I feel like Catie is with me and pushing me. This time though I felt my heart over working which concerned me considering I had my heart problems in the spring. I go back to the cardiologist this week and will tell her about this. I ran it with my friend Jen and I was glad to have her support.

Catie's mom and I 

Pre run

Post run

Also yesterday my 18 year old sister got her pilots license and I could not be more proud. Tears are pouring out of my eyes as I type this because I wish she knew how proud I was of her, sometimes I thin she thinks I am mocking her or am super jealous and yeah I am jealous but I am also incredibly proud to call her my baby sister. She passed with flying colors. Tuesday a man that payed for a portion of her flying lessons and allowed her to use her plane is throwing her a huge party. I am very excited for my sister she deserves recognition for being a female pilot now she is one of 30,000.

My sister leaving for her test with the examiner!

First photo after she passed!!!!!

After my sister received her pilot's license I headed down to northern Virginia to see my friend Rachel who I hadn't seen in a while. I have missed her so much ad we had a great night; I hadn't laughed that hard at dinner in awhile. I need to come and visit more often because I realized how much she does mean to me and how much I value her friendship. She isn't that far from my drs, my home in Baltimore, or JMU so this shouldn't be a hard friendship to maintain. She graduated from JMU last year so I love hearing about her adult world adjustments and how it's been having to so everything herself because she moved there not knowing a soul, her family is in Richmond. She took a leap of faith and it's been an adjustment, but I also think she doesn't see how much progress she has made. But them again no one ever is able to see it in themselves!

Now for a medical update! I  finally on my two off weeks!!! Woohoo!  I have still been bruising like crazy...sounds like Babesia to me! I keep not sleeping well even when heavily medicated and on the go for the day. It's very frustrating and when I do sleep I am getting nightmares so maybe I am actually afraid to go to sleep I have no clue I just know it is a problem! In addition my joints specifically my knees have been hurting something terrible. My mood is still not remotely controlled... I have anger outbursts and tears at the drop of a dime! It makes me not want to be around people because who knows what could happen and I end up embarrassing people. 
Other symptoms 
-electric shock down my arms
-nerve pain right calf
-uncontrollable hand/finger movements
-tendon pain
-heart palpitations
-memory is getting worse
-then all the other usual symptoms that I talked about in the past two weeks like headaches, muscle pain, focusing issues, zoning out, etc.


Blood work from last week!

 Luckily I have been finding peace in crafting. When I am crafting nothing else matters.

For the dishwasher at my house!

Affirmation stones



Mailbox for the house at JMU

"Even a disease is an experience to remind us the value of good health."

No comments:

Post a Comment